SewBrum 2021 is just four weeks away, so I thought it was time I shared all the details for this year’s event which will take place Friday 29th – Sunday 31st October. If you haven’t registered yet, you can sign-up for free here.
SewBrum 2021 will include a combination of online and in-person activities:
- Online, we’ll be sharing video messages and offers from local businesses and will be hosting a charity raffle (with all money raised going directly to Birmingham and Solihull Women’s Aid & Birmingham Mind).
- In-person, a number of stores (including SewBrum co-host Guthrie & Ghani) will be offering in-store discounts to SewBrum visitors over the weekend 30th-31st October.
This year’s SewBrum will take place Friday 29th – Sunday 31st October.
- Friday 29th: Registered attendees will receive an email with video messages and offers from local businesses
- Saturday 30th: Visit Guthrie & Ghani, Fancy Silk Store & Barry’s Fabrics in-person to take advantage of a SewBrum in-store discount (drop-in any time throughout the day; opening hours listed below)
- Plus we’ll have a a live online draw of raffle prize winners in the Charity Raffle at 16:30 on Saturday 30th on Instagram Live (jointly hosted on Charlotte Emma Patterns & Guthrie & Ghani Instagram accounts).
- Sunday 31st: Guthrie & Ghani will be opening on Sunday especially for SewBrum! Visit anytime between 11am and 3pm to take advantage of a SewBrum in-store discount
Friday 29th October: Hello from local indie businesses! (Online)
On Friday morning, video messages and offers from indie sewing and textile businesses in Birmingham and the Midlands will be emailed to registered attendees.
Saturday 30th October:
In-Store Shopping & Discounts (In-Person)
Due to covid precautions, and the need to limit the number of shoppers in stores at one time, we won’t be visiting stores as a large group or at set times this year. However, your favourite Birmingham fabric shops are offering in-store discount over the weekend and would love to see you in person.
Guthrie & Ghani will be offering a SewBrum discount on Saturday 30th, 10:00-16:00 and on Sunday 31st October, 11:00-15:00, when they will be opening especially for SewBrum.
Fancy Silk Store will be offering SewBrum attendees a 10% discount (mention SewBrum to access the discount) on Saturday 30th October, 10:00 – 16:00.
Barry’s Fabrics will be offering SewBrum attendees a 10% discount (mention SewBrum to access the discount) on Saturday 30th October, 09:30 – 17:30.
Please note, there may be a short wait to enter shops at busy times to manage numbers in store.
Charity Raffle Prize Draw at 16:30 (Online)
At 16:30 on Saturday 30th, we will have a live draw of raffle prize winners (a SewBrum favourite!) on Instagram Live (jointly hosted on Charlotte Emma Patterns & Guthrie & Ghani Instagram accounts). Tickets need to be purchased in advance of the draw (£1 per entry) via either of the following JustGiving pages (one page for each of our supported charities):
Please note that, in order to be eligible to win a prize, you must 1) donate before 19:00 BST on 29/10/2021, 2) must provide your name or Instagram account name when donating (anonymous donations will not be eligible), and 3) must attend the prize draw at 16:30 BST on 30/10/2021 (as contact details may not be available to me via JustGiving). Unfortunately, the raffle is open to UK entrants only, due to organising postage of physical items.
Full details of raffle prizes will be provided to registered attendees closer to the date.
Sunday 31st October (In-Person):
Guthrie & Ghani will be open on Sunday 31st October especially for SewBrum! Drop into the store anytime between 11:00 – 15:00 to take advantage of a SewBrum in-store discount.