Help & FAQs
Please check our Frequently Asked Questions for answers to common questions. If your question isn’t answered get in touch with us at
Accessing & Using PDF Patterns
Our patterns are digital PDF patterns sent via email, which you can print at home or at a copy shop
Once you purchase a pattern, an email containing a download link is emailed to you automatically. Unfortunately, the email can sometimes get filtered as spam, so please check your spam/trash folder. If you still can’t find the email, email us at email@example.com and we will send the pattern files directly.
To avoid any delay, you can also access all of your past purchases and pattern files through your account, if you have registered for one. If you would like to create an account and connect your past purchases to it, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our PDF patterns can be printed at home on your home printer (on A4 or US Letter sized paper), or printed at a Copy Shop (on A0 sized paper).
Yes, all patterns include a seam allowance, which is specified in the instructions for each pattern.
Yes, all patterns include a Copy Shop file (A0 format file). Send this file to a print shop, making sure to specify A0 paper and that the pattern is printed at full size, with no scaling.
Yes, the pattern files are layered, allowing you to only print specified size(s) (only compatible with Adobe Acrobat). Within Acrobat, choose the ‘Layers’ icon from the left-hand menu. A list of layers will be shown. Click to remove the ‘eye’ icon to hide the sizes you aren’t interested in before printing.
Share your sewing plans and projects using our patterns with #charlotteemmapatterns
Yes, you can keep up to date with news about pattern releases and more by signing up to our regular newsletter. Sign Up Here
Definitely! You can volunteer for pattern testing via our sign-up form.
Before each pattern release, we’ll contact the people signed up to this list to share more information about the pattern (description & line drawing) and the time-frame for testing, and to identify a number of people who are available & interested in testing that pattern.
Please check you are comfortable with the following before filling in the form:
- Pattern testers will be given approximately one month to undertake testing.
- Patterns are PDF only, and include A4/US Letter, A0 copy shop and projector-ready formats.
- Testers will receive a copy of the final pattern on its release, and we will send an A0 copy of the pattern to testers where preferred.
- Pattern testers will be asked to sew the pattern and to provide feedback on the instructions (e.g. do you have the information you need, are the instructions easy to follow?) and on the pattern (labels, notches, etc.).
- There will be no requirement for pattern testers to promote the pattern or to provide photos for promotional purposes.
- Everyone is very welcome (no need for a social media presence), although to keep it manageable we will manage the number of testers per pattern and per size.
- Pattern testers will be invited to contribute feedback (& chat to each other) via a Slack group (or can send feedback directly if preferable).
- All feedback will be very much valued and responded to.
Please get in touch via our contact form or using email@example.com. We aim to respond to all emails within 5 working days Monday-Friday. If you haven’t heard back it is likely that your message has gotten lost (particularly if sent via social media), please reach out to us again via email.
Share your sewing plans and projects using our patterns online with hashtag #charlotteemmapatterns
Our patterns come in sizes 04 to 36 and two bust cup sizes (B & D cup)
Our size range runs from sizes 04 – 36 and is split between two dressmakers cup sizes (B-cup and D-cup).
Both B and D cup ranges are drafted for a height of approximately 5’3” (162 cm).
For more information, see our Pattern Sizing guide.
Measure your bust, waist and hip and compare your measurements to the ‘Body Measurements’ chart. If your measurements fit into different sizes at your bust, waist and/or hip you can grade between sizes to create a garment to fit you. The ‘Finished Garment Measurements’ provided with each pattern will help to give a sense of how the finished garment will fit on your body.
Currency, Tax & Refunds
We are a UK company based in Birmingham, England
We are a UK company based in Birmingham, England. You can choose to display prices in your own currency while you are browsing the store, but billing will be in UK Pounds at checkout.
Since 2015 EU customers of online digital products will be taxed based on when they live rather than where the seller lives. As a result, we legally have to charge you VAT based on your country.
Digital products can be returned for a refund if your order meets the following criteria (under Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013):
1) Your refund request is received via email (submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org) within 14 days of you receiving your PDF pattern files via email (you will find these in your Order Confirmation email), and
2) You have not yet started to download any of the digital files included in the PDF pattern order.
Refunds are not permitted once you have downloaded any of the PDF pattern files, or after 14 days from receipt of the Order Confirmation email.
To request a refund, please email email@example.com with your name, email address, date of your order, and order reference number.
Commercial & Business Enquiries
Our sewing patterns are for personal use by home sewists
Thank you for your interest, please get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org
Our patterns are for home use only and are not for re-sale or profit. No part of the patterns may be reproduced, resold, transmitted, or shared in any form. Thank you for respecting our rights.
We are very happy you would like to use our patterns. Each student will need an individual copy of the pattern. Please get in touch at Charlotte@charlotteemmapatterns.com email so that we can invoice you in bulk at a discounted rate.