An annual free-to-attend sewing meet-up in Birmingham, England since 2014
Join us for SewBrum 2023
21st October 2023, Moseley, Birmingham, UK
The #SewBrum meet-up is ten years old this year! To celebrate, this year’s event will be a bit different (& bigger) than normal.
The whole event will take place in Moseley, home to Guthrie & Ghani, on Saturday 21 October.
Sign up via Eventbrite to receive email updates.
Logo designed by Lydia Joy Palmer
SewBrum is an annual (free-to-attend) meet-up of people who love to sew in Birmingham, England, co-hosted with Lauren Guthrie.
SewBrum started in 2014, in the nine years it has been running SewBrum has raised £8,750 for nine charities via charity raffles.
In 2020, SewBrum moved online and had its most successful year yet! 678 people signed up, with over 100 people joining a live bargello workshop led by Tina Francis, and £2,763 raised for charity.
Hear Charlotte talking about SewBrum 2020 on the Sew Organised Style Podcast in November 2020.
SewBrum 2023 will take place in Moseley, Birmingham, on Saturday 21 October.
To celebrate the tenth anniversary, we’re doing things differently, with SewBrum taking place across two venues in Moseley Village: Guthrie & Ghani and Moseley Exchange.
Across the two venues, we’ll have:
- Social spaces to chat, help yourself to a drink and work on a hand sewing or knitting project.
- A market space with the following amazing sewing and crafty businesses setting up stall for the day: Corries Fancy Goods, Crafty Sew and So, James Tailoring, The Little World of Fabric, Maven Patterns, Pigeon Wishes, Sew with Holly, Sister Mintaka, Studio Masachuka.
- A handmade garments swap, where you can swap the handmade clothes you don’t wear anymore, for something new-to-you.
- A fabric and pattern swap.
- The SewBrum charity raffle.
- The opportunity to shop at Guthrie & Ghani, plus a special in-store discount.
SewBrum attendees are welcome to join anytime between 10am and 5pm (market until 4pm) and to move between venues throughout the day. There will be a small entry fee on the door at Moseley Exchange (£4, cash or card) to cover costs.
- Date: Saturday 21 October
- Times: 10am until 5pm (market until 4pm)
- Venues: Moseley Exchange and Guthrie & Ghani, in Moseley Village, Birmingham
- Cost: £4 entry on the door at Moseley Exchange (cash or card), includes access to the social space and market, plus refreshments
- Charity raffle: Tickets on sale on the day (cash only). Prizes will be drawn at 3:30pm
- Handmade garments swap: Receive a token for each handmade item you drop-off in the studio at Guthrie & Ghani; use your tokens to take away new-to-you handmade garments throughout the day. (All tokens must be exchanged by 4:30pm; any uncollected items will be donated to charity. Items being submitted to the swap should be clean and undamaged and labelled with approximate size, plus optionally with any other useful information (e.g., pattern used or fabric type))
- Ground Floor: A social space to chat, help yourself to a drink and work on a hand sewing or knitting project. Plus SewBrum charity raffle tickets will be on sale.
- Upstairs: A market space with the following amazing sewing and crafty businesses setting up stall for the day: Corries Fancy Goods, Crafty Sew and So, James Tailoring, The Little World of Fabric, Maven Patterns, Pigeon Wishes, Sew with Holly, Sister Mintaka, and Studio Masachuka.
Guthrie & Ghani
- Shop: Shop for fabrics, patterns and haberdashery in the shop, with a special in-store discount available for SewBrum attendees.
- Studio: The upstairs studio will host a social space and refreshments, fabric and pattern swap, and a handmade garments swap, where you can swap the handmade clothes you don’t wear anymore, for something new-to-you.
The SewBrum meet-up can get very busy (especially in Guthrie & Ghani) and there is quite a bit of travelling between locations, but attendees can take the meet-up at their own pace and drop-in and out as suits.
Guthrie & Ghani front door is accessed by two steps but a ramp is available and will be in place on the day. Attendees will need to be comfortable with stairs to access the studio space and the toilet.